Notifications
Clear all

Questions About Devices Core and Common Components

Page 1 / 2

Marcus
Topic starter
(@marcus)
Managing Director

Are you finding that some cards are ambiguous or you don't know exactly how a card works? Do you think you have a suggestion about how it should work? Some of our players have their own ideas and we like to read and digest the feedback. Devices is also a work of continual development and improvement. This means that sometimes a card can be open to interpretation. So we hope this forum will be a constructive place to discuss cards and also make it clear what we think the cards mean. This we hope, will enable us to clarify for the next iteration of Devices to make the game better.

7 Replies
Bluerinse1980
Registered, Customer
(@bluerinse1980)
Hi there - I have a few question

I'm not sure of the best way to ask them, so I'm going to split them into multiple replies to hopefully make it easier to parse

Can you explain the usage of this card. If I put two cubes of different colours in, do I choose what colour I get out? Also, what would be the strategic reason to do this?

image.png

I assume I don't get to keep both, because this card exists:

Thanks

Richard

1 Reply
bdsgame-cms
Admin
(@bdsgame-cms)

@bluerinse1980 So first common cards don't change colours of cubes. They tend to move things around. These two cards are very similar but have 1 big difference. The top card merges cubes. So it reduces the quantity down to 1. So that means that normally one cube flows through at a time. However the second card breaks this rule. It means that you can move two cubes through the pipe.

The first card is useful when you have a sequence that possibly over produces cubes. Remember there is a limit on the number of cubes you can store in the warehouse. So this card lets you return on back to the pile without having to mess with your warehouse.

The second card lets you pass the two cubes on through. If you are a mathematics minded person you could then predict the multiples you need and make them quicker. Adam can do this. My brain is too small!!!

Does that help?

I think we should setup a page that describes the function of each card. So this is a very helpful start. We will post that when it's done.

Many thanks,

Marcus

Bluerinse1980
Registered, Customer
(@bluerinse1980)

Can I confirm you can do each action 3 times (action manager card only has one space). The rules say you can do each action multiple times, but the Action Manager seems to have changed between v1.7 and v1.8 (one space per action now), so I'm not sure if there was a rules change

Bluerinse1980
Registered, Customer
(@bluerinse1980)
Activate/serving - once I activate and generate cubes, can I fulfil orders straight away, or must I put them onto the storage card, then complete orders in the Serve phase?
So, it would go:
 Actions > Activate (including move to Storage and discard down to 10 if necessary) > Serve from the storage card.

The example on the website says it satisfies a 12 point order, but does not show what happens to the cubes after they are in the Packer.

Reading the rules again, I think it may be the below:

Actions > Activate > Complete orders if i can with the cubes produced that turn

Move any cubes I produced and could not complete an order with to Storage (discarding down to 10)

If possible, in the Serve phase complete further orders from Storage

If the above is correct, would it be true that it could potentially allow me to complete a couple of large cube orders? Because after Activate I may be over my 10 cube limit, but I would use those to complete orders first (this is part of the Activate phase, not the Serve phase), so I would not be forced to discard cubes until after I move cubes to the Storage area, when I can compete more orders?
Bluerinse1980
Registered, Customer
(@bluerinse1980)

Can I confirm there are two ways to add parts to my machine - either as a Build action (using cards I bought in a previous round) or directly after the Buy action (but I can only add the cards I just bought - if i want to add cards I held from previous rounds, I must use a Build action)?

Page 1 / 2
Share: